Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Director of User Experience and Product Design will have the opportunity to support and impact Field Nation’s user experience team by providing both technical and functional mentorship, career development, and product design leadership in collaboration with our Product teams. With a strong focus of advocating for the user while serving the goals of the business, you will work as a key member of our product team to direct the future of product design at Field Nation. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing the structural aspects of highly intuitive and well-crafted interfaces and digital experiences.
- Ownership of experience design vision across all products.
- Work closely with UX team to encourage and support individual and team technical and professional growth.
- Responsibility for ensuring the work of the UX team is cohesive and provides an exceptional holistic user experience.
- Responsibility for all technical aspects associated with designing for a full range of devices and interfaces.
- Steward of the total user journey to ensure changes improve the user experience and not degrade it.
- Incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process, while also being able to articulate and defend design decisions using the research as an input and a guide.
- Plan initiatives to determine how new concepts can be adopted by our users and the product.
- Document and refine information architecture of the product to ensure intuitive and scalable organization of information.
- Ensure the team structure and design aligns appropriately with the product strategy.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development, and other internal teams to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Take on early planning and conceptualizing of new product concepts that highly impact the user experience.
- Define, create and document the visual and interaction design components of intuitive and well-crafted interfaces and digital experiences.
- Responsible for team building and assisting with growing the UX team’s talents.
- 7+ years of experience working as a UX Architect.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- 3+ years of experience directing product design.
- Must demonstrate excellent and repeatable creative, visual design, interaction design and problem-solving ability.
- The ability to work well independently, in addition to leading large-scale initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience as an exceptional collaborator and persuader.
- Must be able to present well, articulate and defend design decisions with grace and logic.
- Must be able to mentor and lead other UX team members.
- Ability to excel in an agile environment
- Experience hiring and developing a high performing team
- Thorough understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Develop the Field Nation Product Design Team into a world class level.Bring Field Nation product design across all platform products and form factors to world class level.
- Enable Field Nation products to compete in various markets.
- Develop and accelerate Rapid Prototyping capabilities to support Customer Development and faster feedback loops.
- Significantly reduce the complexity of the platform, identify and execute on opportunities that would increase the usability of the platform.
- Help across the organization with decisions that would need help from a Process Design perspective. Field Nation views Design as a capability that crosses the barriers of the platform.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a software company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- An open workspace symbolized by our “no door policy”…seriously, we don’t have office doors.
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.