Why this role is important to Field Nation
The Executive Vice President of Sales will be the catalyst for continued new logo acquisition, and growth as well as retention and upsell within existing accounts at Field Nation. The right person for this role will be able to create a repeatable and scalable sales model for both complex and high-velocity deals. They will provide the proper coaching and mentoring to their sales team in order to achieve revenue goals. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
Who Will Love this Job:
An Entrepreneurial Spirit: You will be challenged by the ability to engage the market with a disruptive business model and creative solutions. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. You thrive to bring organization and rigor where there is ambiguity.
A Strategic Partner: You balk at silos and understand the value of working cross-functionally to accomplish the goals at hand. You are a master communicator who understands the importance of showing employees where the arrow is pointing and helping the entire organization charge ahead in the same direction. You know how to influence in a positive way, working with others to adjust and change as needed.
A Scaler: You understand what it takes to grow and scale an organization. You love a fast-paced, high growth business heavily focused on top line revenue growth. You do not have any interest in working for an established company celebrating single-digit growth – you would much rather work for a fast-moving organization where record-breaking double-digit growth is expected year-over-year.
A Sales Leader: You know what it takes to hunt for new logos, grow existing accounts deep and wide, as well as build the team and infrastructure needed to support it. You know how to sell on value and deliver results.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive go-to-market strategy that is aligned with the company’s aggressive revenue, client retention, and strategic growth goals
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team that sets the strategy for the new logo acquisition (inside and enterprise sales), client services, solution engineering, sales enablement and sales operations teams
- Evaluate and leverage the existing go-to-market strategy and sales team infrastructures, and implement necessary adjustments in order to optimize sales performance, increase efficiency, grow sales and market share, and streamline the sales process
- Master the complexity and nuances of a marketplace business model, where customer adoption and expansion, as well as other client services, are vital components to driving revenue growth with strategic customers
- Collaborate with internal departments to continually enhance the customer experience
- Be a hands on leader who can evangelize the product in front of customers and drive larger deals when necessary
- Provide input on the Go-to-Market strategy for new product offerings
- Build and manage a world-class sales team including team structure, territory mapping, hiring, performance assessment, coaching, and training
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through investment in sales enablement, sales operations and new technologies
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in key product functionality and be a voice of the customer to Field Nation’s product and technology leaders
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of managing an over-performing, quota carrying team; 5 – 7 years of B2B technology sales experience
- Strong background in driving large complex deals with multiple buyers, departments and stakeholders
- Proven success scaling a business, specifically experience growing a revenue stream from $20M – $50M+
- Track record of hiring, developing, motivating and mentoring a world class sales teams to meet ambitious goals, including mid-level managers and directors
- Demonstrated ability to develop go-to-market strategies, team structures, processes and tools
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding revenue objectives within high growth businesses
- Compelling executive presence in front of customers, employees, investors and other members of the leadership team
- Data-driven, analytical and results-oriented mindset with a deep understanding of value drivers for a high growth software business
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field is a plus
- Experience working in IT staffing, or service industries with complex sales a plus
- Experience within a marketplace business model where revenue is based on transaction value and volume is highly preferred
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility