Why is this role important to Field Nation?
This mid-weight Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design of solutions that meet marketing and business strategies from concept to completion while maintaining consistent look and feel for our brand. This role will execute designs across a broad array of projects and media covering print, video, digital, and more. This position offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, tech environment where new ideas are encouraged and co-creation is a must. This is a newly created position located in Minneapolis, MN and will report to a senior designer.
- Develop design solutions that will support project objectives
- Produce creative designs for a variety of mediums and platforms
- Support marketing team with creative content for campaign initiatives including infographics, landing pages, whitepapers, technical documents, social media graphics, illustrations, and more
- Design PowerPoint slides and presentations for speaking opportunities
- Stay informed on design and general marketing trends
- Uphold company style guidelines throughout a variety of projects
What you’ll need:
- Strong command of Adobe suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of video/animation software is preferred
- Strong familiarity with design thinking or similar process
- Deep knowledge of creative process and best functional design practices
- Understanding of digital marketing and advertising
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of a clean design style
- Understanding of responsive design and experience designing for mobile
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in unsupervised solo assignments as well as team projects
- BA/BS degree in design, marketing or a related field a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in design, in-house design experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a software product environment preferred
- Ability to create high quality vector illustrations preferred
- Familiarity with UX principles preferred
- Deep curiosity and zest for all things design – this person will be someone who can’t help but find themselves thinking/reading/learning more about design every week.
- Tenacious attitude – not only can this person wear many hats, but they thrive while wearing many hats. New challenge or task? No problem, this person has a bring it on attitude, and the smarts to help them untangle the unfamiliar.
- Must really like food, tacos preferred.
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.