Our new added In-House Counsel will advise our teams on a variety of legal matters related to general legal, compliance, and risk management. As an advocate for our business model, this person will further the development of our legal processes and enable high-level sales conversations with enterprise client’s legal teams regarding platform agreements and sales contracts. Additionally, this role will offer the opportunity to impact vendor agreements and general contracts, legal components of business expansion, and to serve as a resource and lead for areas of compliance for internal teams. Our ideal candidate will have an employment law and fast-paced startup background to compliment our place in the gig economy and the scaling nature of our business. This position is part-time, offers the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, high growth environment, and is located in Minneapolis, MN.
Who will love this role:
Sales-Enablement Lawyer: You understand that sales is hard work; and you recognize that your job is to make their job easier, not more difficult. You are comfortable with working alongside the sales team to demonstrate the business value.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge for our platform and business model to include the relationship between service providers on the platforms, clients, and Field Nation’s product to ensure the best strategy for our platform and business model.
- Serve as key lawyer/legal adviser on all major business transactions, including go-to-market sales, pricing and packaging changes
- Act as a champion of the Field Nation business model during sales calls in order to cultivate trust and remove any perceived barriers perspective clients may have with using the Field Nation platform.
- Attend to and resolve various requests for information related to our platform and business.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and modifies company forms and contracts used in business operations.
- Educate key stakeholders on risk management and provide practical guidance to cross-functional teams that takes legal and business considerations into account
- Provide legal counsel where related on matters related to product development, go-to-market strategies, and other business situations.
- Stay current on legal matters related to the “gig economy” in order to ensure Field Nation’s compliance with both local and federal laws.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing litigation lawyer, employment law, and contract review
- Juris Doctor Degree and licensed to practice law in the state of Minnesota
- Admitted to the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Knowledge of the gig economy and marketplace platforms, preferred
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and maintaining a wide variety of commercial agreements typical to the Software-as-a-Service industry
- A strong team player who can work well with colleagues in finance, sales, operations, product management, and other functions
- Have a keen sense of balancing business needs and legal factors and be able to weave that into legal advice
- Appetite for being a key player in a rapidly growing company
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, and rapidly changing and growing environments
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility