The Product Marketing Leader is the glue that binds our product strategy to sales and marketing results. You will lead our go-to-market efforts and design our product marketing function from the ground up.
This is a rare opportunity to build the product marketing practice in a rapidly growing company amidst disrupting how on-demand service work gets done. This role is not for the faint of heart. Coming in the door, you’ll hit the ground running by leading the largest go-to-market initiative in the company’s history while simultaneously developing the category we’ll call our own.
As the resident expert on our clients and competition, you’ll develop and refine positioning to usher us into the next phase of business growth. You’ll spend your time understanding our clients’ business dynamics and developing hypotheses on where the market is headed. You’ll back up your insights with market evidence and use that knowledge to drive messaging that resonates with our audience and enables the success of our sales and marketing channels. You are driven by analytics and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
You’ll develop the marketing strategy that underpins all campaign efforts. Attention to detail and the ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our clients’ problems are key to your success. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels. Your role is a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What you’ll do:
- Orchestrate the launch of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Build Field Nation’s product marketing and go-to-marketing capability including recommendations on budgetary and staffing needed to support.
- Develop and document our clients’ personas and buying process, including where they get information and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Create product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audiences.
- Act as the primary external thought leader for the products you support, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Design a marketing plan in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Exceptional analytical and ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties. Highly collaborative.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility