Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Senior Business Development Manager will be the catalyst for connecting Field Nation to new clients. By developing new business through prospecting, generating appointments with senior level decisions makers, and converting prospects to customers, this person will play a large role in continuing Field Nation’s growth and expansion. This position offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Challenge prospective customers to think differently about their business and partner with them to affect the way they get work done
- Understand the customer’s business and effectively communicate how our platform/product will positively impact their business and operational efficiency
- Hunt and aggressively prospect new business
- Partner and engage with C-level, Executives, IT, and other key stakeholders within your accounts
- Develop new and ongoing partnerships, value selling, and solutioning to grow customer partnerships
- Manage all aspects of new client acquisition through implementation and hand-off to a relationship manager.
- Assist in building out and refining our value proposition, approach, and playbook for enterprise level customers
- Participate in the on-going planning of our product and services strategy to meet market and client requirements and opportunities.
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Up to 50% travel, depending on client needs
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years consistent quota achievement in a strategic, B2B sales role
- Proven experience challenging customers to think differently about their business
- Experience selling solutions that require multiple level buy-in from executive to end-user levels within an organization
- Strong business acumen and experience selling to C-level stakeholders
- Track record of developing greenfield accounts and adding logos in an Enterprise Software space
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth technical sales environment
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented, hard worker, able to multitask and prioritize appropriately
- 4 year college degree – BA/BS in Business or related field preferred
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a software company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. We innovate, we pursue, we thrive. We are Field Nation.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- An open workspace symbolized by our “no door policy”…seriously, we don’t have office doors.
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.