Why is this role important to Field Nation?
As a senior member of the User Experience Design team, you will be a strong advocate for the user while serving the goals of the business. This position focuses on our Marketplace product and you’ll be able to work as key member of a product and UX team to participate in customer research, perform requirements gathering and analysis. While developing user flows, delivering pixel-perfect mockups, and guiding user testing utilizing interactive prototypes. If you are highly creative and enjoy working in a collaborative, high-growth environment, we’d love to connect with you! This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What You’ll Do:
- Advocate for an integrated, consistent designs across the end-to-end product experience
- Promote user-centered decisions that drive business growth by influencing and educating across organization about Design best practices
- Design end to end experiences that involve multiple connected features and use cases
- Design for a product that involves simultaneous interactions between multiple user types and devices
- Deliver high quality designs for mobile, tablet and desktop experiences.
- Work as a team or individually to produce rapid prototypes
- Promote user-centered decision-making based on cohesive design principles and patterns
- Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as conceptual models, personas, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions
- Collaborate and develop documentation to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation
- Utilize a toolbox of UX & UI methodologies to deliver well thought out artifacts
- Lead and participate in collaborative discovery and design efforts
- Provide user and usability insight to product research efforts
- Design engaging, usable and accessible products for web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers to create best-in-class software experiences
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience in user-centered product design across web, mobile, and desktop applications
- Experience in iterative software discovery and delivery methodologies, coupled with a deep understanding of user experience methods, best practices, design principles, problem-framing skills
- Product lifecycle design experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating UX & UI techniques applied to product discovery, design, and implementation
- Experience developing and utilizing of interactive prototypes for design validation
- A constant drive to learn new skills and ideas. Stay curious.
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.