Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The Software Quality Assurance Manager will have the opportunity to further establish software validation and verification practices for our onshore and offshore teams in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. The main mission of this role is to align current activities and further develop the QA practice within our software development teams. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What you’ll do:
- Lead QA initiative through evolution of QA towards automation and Agile testing
- Implement QA industry standards/best practices with defined benchmarks and measures
- Identify and implement QA tools to reduce dependence on specialized knowledge
- Mentorship, and professional development for testers in technology and other skills.
- Work with Product teams to verify test cases match product requirements
- Analyze manual test cases and functional specifications to determine best approach for automation
- Be an advocate of quality throughout the organization
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of technology leadership experience on engineering teams, with several years of hands-on software development experience and 3+ years of test lead experience.
- Experience rolling out QA Best Practices
- Software verification experience and test automation experience within a complex platform
- Experience working with offshore development and testing resources
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Ability to work under only general direction while independently determining the approach to problems and solutions
- Ability to generate, review, and understand technical specification documents related to software development
- Strong experience with continuous delivery practices with automated testing
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent prior work experience
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.