Why is this role important to Field Nation?
This Systems Architect will lead our Architecture team with oversight of all software architecture and implementation. They will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption here at Field Nation. As a leader in the engineering organization this person will be responsible for building a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions. This person will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team and play a crucial role in ensuring the architectural integrity and soundness of our fast-growing product offering. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What You’ll Work On:
- Cutting edge technology SaaS solution hosted on AWS that enables today’s and tomorrow’s Gig economy.
- Frontend built with React and Redux.
- Backend built on PHP, MySQL and increasingly NodeJS based microservices, exposed via REST API
- Components built and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform architectural analysis and design for our product landscape
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our software engineering team
- Lead all phases of technology improvement
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Coordinate and oversee technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Identify architectural significant issues and decisions and help team to find solutions to them
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine non-functional requirements for new software or applications and the needs for new software, platforms and applications
- Identify/Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, sustainability, etc. and ensure our software meets these.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to engineering team and other stakeholders
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field experience
- Arch/Design Experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building software applications
- Proven experience as a software architect
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA) and deep knowledge of practices and procedures related to the distributed architecture.
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Programming Languages, Technology
- Expertise in Linux and open source technologies
- Experience with web development and web-based SaaS services
- Full-stack development experience with knowledge of various coding methods and languages
- Soft Skills
- A technical mindset and analytical approach with great attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to gather consensus and obtain agreement on decisions from engineers and other stakeholders
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018 and 2019; we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits. Field Nation is an equal opportunity employer.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility