Why is this role important to Field Nation?
This Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to impact our Field Nation product through creating and designing new features, delivering on the product roadmap releases, and working collaboratively across the organization to continuously build up our product. This person will play a significant role in defining our software platform that is used by the Field Nation engineering team. This position will also offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where new innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
What You’ll Work On:
- Cutting edge technology SaaS solution hosted on AWS that enables today’s and tomorrow’s Gig economy.
- Frontend built with React and Redux.
- Backend built on PHP, MySQL and increasingly NodeJS based microservices, exposed via REST API
- Components built and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team
- Work closely with product management, UX, internal and external stakeholders to craft user focused solutions.
- Architect and implement scalable, secure and reliable solutions.
- Assist in preparing technical specs for development by other developers.
- Bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve big problems.
What You’ll Need:
- Full-stack development experience of at least 3 years.
- Strong background on backend programming concepts and service oriented architecture
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (MySQL specifically is a plus).
- Knowledge of Linux or other Unix-based systems (Ubuntu/Debian is a plus).
- Familiarity with Git version control system.
- Background in PHP and understanding of MVC
- Experience with Web Services based solutions (REST specifically).
- Experience with Microservice architecture is a plus.
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus.
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017 and 2018 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building’s new facility