Why is this role important to Field Nation?
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of Field Nation’s strategic and tactical marketing and promotional initiatives. The position’s primary responsibility will be to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations. With a strong focus on inter-departmental partnership and through close relationships with sales, product management, product development, customer service and finance this person will ensure Field Nation’s message is distributed across internal and external channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives.
Who will love this job:
- A leader: you set a clear and ambitious vision, but also think holistically about how this vision impacts the greater company.
- A storyteller: you can position Field Nation as a differentiated leader within a highly competitive market.
- A builder: you drive and optimize team performance, engagement and productivity by empowering and developing each individual in it.
- A driver: you set and consistently hit goals with a passion and measure success through data.
- An advisor: you are trusted both internally by our executive team and cross-functional partners, as well as externally by partners and customers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you will be challenged by ability to engage the market with a disruptive business model and creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Create compelling positioning, messaging and branding framework that differentiates Field Nation
- Develop thought leadership content marketing program that supports Field Nation market leadership and lead generation initiatives
- Partner with our Sales leaders through defining prospect consideration process to enable our sellers to win new customers and expand into new markets
- Partner with our Product leaders to develop the messaging around a high cadence of product launches
- Provide guidance to the executive team on our overall marketing strategy and lead the planning and execution of our brand, content, PR and events strategies.
- Continue to shape Field Nation’s brand against the market and ensure our story is positioned thoughtfully throughout all external channels.
- Drive revenue through effectively forecasting and hitting demand generation goals.
- Work closely with product and sales to understand our prospective clients’ needs and create GTM strategies, communications, and collateral that reflects our brand and ROI for clients
- Partner with Sales, Product and Customer Success to understand existing client needs and ensure alignment on strategy, new product feature announcements, launches, resources, and KPIs.
- Collaborate with internal teams to conduct market research & analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gathering customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results
- Refine go to market strategy to maximize growth opportunities.
- Develop messaging and content frameworks, aligning content delivery with the broader marketing/business objectives, developing metrics and conducting analysis around content consumption and feeding back into content optimization strategies
- Coach, develop and mentor marketing team members to ensure career growth and development.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated success leading and growing a high-performing B2B technology marketing team
- Experience leading the brand, content and PR strategy for a growing technology product
- Proven experience and success as a marketing leader in a VP Marketing or similar role
- Broad experience across core marketing functions: demand generation, content marketing, SEO, product marketing, communications and brand development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and client relationship skills
- Intermediate skills in the MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with a Marketplace product preferred
- Experience executing within an agile development environment preferred
- Experience in emerging growth company strongly preferred
- Proven success developing individuals upwards in careers
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience working in technology, IT staffing, or service industries or regulated industries
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation we are breaking the barriers to work. We’re a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a 2017 Top 150 Workplace by the Star Tribune and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus – yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations with everything from a nacho bar to a build your own waffle station
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options.