Types of Insurance
- General liability insurance protects a business (you) from a variety of claims for bodily injury and damage to someone else’s property that arise from your business operation.
- A claim for property damage or bodily injury can be devastating to a provider’s business operations and potentially his or her personal assets. General liability insurance provides a layer of protection in the event of an accident or incident that causes bodily injury to another or damage to someone else’s property.
- OAI covers the medical costs, lost wages, and rehabilitation from injuries of an independent contractor who is injured during a contract job. In addition to benefiting technicians, OAI also benefits companies that use contractors by offering claims protection in the event of an accident. Technicians on Field Nation are responsible for carrying their own Workers Compensation Insurance for themselves and anyone they bring on site per the user agreement. Field Nation now offers providers the option to purchase their own OAI protection for their work orders. Buyers who want an extra layer of protection in an event of an accident can also add OAI coverage.
- When an employee is injured while working, they are usually covered under their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance with a few exceptions. Independent contractors are not considered employees and don’t fall under traditional workers’ compensation coverage. Unlike workers’ compensation, OAI protects you from costs associated with a potential injury claim made by an independent contractor. These protections include medical costs, lost wages, and rehabilitation from injuries of an independent contractor who is injured during a contract job.
General Liability Insurance
- Field Nation’s general liability insurance covers general liability claims for (1) work orders performed through the Field Nation marketplace platform and (2) where the provider does not have general liability insurance. This coverage does not extend to any work that is not directly related to the Field Nation marketplace platform.
- You are required to hold insurance for work that you do on the Field Nation platform. There are two options to meet this requirement: Use Field Nation general liability insurance. If you don’t hold an insurance policy for contractor work, you can use insurance available through the platform. For a fee equal to 1.5% of the work order, you will be covered under Field Nation’s policy. If you do not upload a COI, this fee will be deducted from the work order total automatically. Use your own insurance. If you hold a certificate of insurance, you can upload the information during the setup process. List Field Nation’s address on the COI that you upload to the site: Field Nation LLC 733 Marquette Ave S, Suite 800 Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Field Nation has partnered with Hanover, an independent insurance agency, to offer competitive insurance packages to you. Field Nation does not make money on or endorse these insurance products or plans. We want to make sure that each and every provider has an option to compare coverage and prices with their current plans and to pick the plan that is best suited to his or her specific needs.
- No. However, all users on the Field Nation system agree and affirm that they do have general liability coverage of at least U.S. $1M and the workers compensation coverage required to perform business in their service area (see the Field Nation Work Order Terms and Conditions). The partnership with Hanover is designed to provide a competitive insurance opportunity for you to investigate and secure the best coverage for your business.
- Field Nation does not automatically upload Hanover insurance. Once you have completed the purchasing process, you will need to upload the new insurance card you receive onto the platform.
- No, this insurance is your own independent business policy and covers you per the policies you obtain regardless of where you execute the work.
- Please contact your business insurance agent and/or Hanover. Field Nation does not endorse Hanover. For further questions regarding the Hanover offering, please contact Hanover directly. You can find more information about the Hanover offering here, or sign-up for Hanover insurance.
- Please click here and fill out our Liability Claim Submission Form. Please note that claims must be submitted within 30 days of when the incident took place to be considered.
Occupational Accident Insurance
- Buyer – Fees vary based on the buyer’s Field Nation agreement. Provider – For work orders where OAI is required by the buyer, there is a 0.5% fee on the total value of the work order. As of December 2022, providers may also purchase OAI on a monthly basis for a 1% fee, which Field Nation does not profit from.
- Currently, even if a provider has their own OAI certificate uploaded, they will still be charged the 0.5% fee should they choose to complete a work order that has OAI. By having all OAI coverage through a single agreement and insurance provider, both Buyers and Providers can rest assured they have consistent, reliable coverage. If a provider pays for OAI monthly through Field Nation, the fee for work orders in which the buyer requires OAI will be reduced to 0.5%, as buyers cover a portion of this fee.
- Yes – the fee will still be charged. General Liability Insurance is not the same as OAI.