When you send a technician to a job site, your reputation is on the line. You need quality technicians that can get the job done, and get it done right.
Choosing the right marketplace can make all the difference in finding the right technician, but not all marketplaces are created equal. Consider these four characteristics of a quality marketplace:
The marketplace allows you to easily verify that the technician you choose has the skills and qualifications you need.
- Does the marketplace indicate whether a technician has completed background checks? This allows you to find a technician with a current background check and/or drug test, ideally one that’s less than two years old.
- Can you easily find technicians with specialized skills and certifications, such as Cisco certification or electrical licensing? Here are some of the top certifications other companies request on the Field Nation platform.
The marketplace makes it easy for you to choose technicians with a proven track record.
- Are ratings and reviews visible for each technician? Using ratings and reviews, you can select technicians that have been evaluated by companies like you.
- Does the marketplace allow you to gauge the technician’s soft skills? Soft skills—such as preparedness, problem-solving, and communication—give you confidence that the technician you choose will professionally represent your company.
- Can you easily determine whether technicians have specialized skills, such as CISCO, weights and measures, or electrical certifications? A marketplace with licensing and certification verification will help you streamline the vetting process.
Advanced talent sourcing
The marketplace includes experts that can research, recruit, and engage technicians into specialized and pre-qualified groups.
- Is a team available to help curate a pool of talent on your behalf? Building a bench of talent is time-consuming, especially for large, multi-site projects or work that requires specialized skills. Using third-party experts can help you do so quickly and efficiently scale.
- Can you get real-time market intelligence on things like available coverage and average pricing? Having this information can help you better plan and manage your projects wherever you need to get work done.
The marketplace helps you mitigate risks to your business, your customers, and your techs by allowing you to plan for potential impacts before they occur.
- Does the marketplace include general liability insurance and occupational accident insurance? Comprehensive coverage protects you against potential claims and gives you peace-of-mind.
- Is claims management support available to handle insurance paperwork and resolve claims when they occur? This can save you time and money, and allow you to focus on your core business.
- How does the marketplace handle quality issues, such as when a technician is late or unprepared? How are technicians held accountable when mistakes occur? The provider’s quality assurance policy can help you ensure that technicians you send onsite meet your performance standards.
- Does the marketplace help you navigate the evolving regulatory environment? Using marketplace labor can help you reduce the risk of worker misclassification.
By following these strategies, you can find a marketplace that will help streamline technician selection and ensure excellence in the contractors you choose.
Ready to get started? The Field Nation marketplace provides the verification, vetting, advanced talent sourcing, and risk mitigation capabilities you need to find quality technicians.