What is a security camera installer?
A security camera installer is an experienced technician who specializes in installing, maintaining, and servicing various security systems including CCTV and IP cameras, alarm systems, and access control systems. These systems play a key role in protecting homes, businesses, and public areas from theft, vandalism, and other unauthorized activities.
What projects might an IP camera or CCTV technician find on Field Nation?
As the #1 labor marketplace, CCTV security pros will find a wide range of projects to choose from on Field Nation. Among those projects include:
- CCTV camera installation: Installing commercial security and surveillance cameras on companies’ properties.
- Access control installation: Installing secure entry systems to provide control access for buildings and facilities.
- Fire alarm testing and installation: Implementing new fire alarm systems and testing existing equipment to ensure the safety of building occupants in case of a fire.
- Troubleshooting and repair: Diagnosing and repairing complications within existing security systems.
What skills are companies looking for in security camera technicians?
There are several skills a company could want their security systems installer to have before arriving at the job site. Among those skills include:
- Installing, mounting, and troubleshooting IP cameras
- Running, troubleshooting, terminating, and connecting cables
- Connecting and configuring IP cameras
In addition to these skills, technicians should also be technologically proficient and have an understanding of network configurations for remote surveillance.
What certifications do companies look for in security camera technicians?
When it comes to commercial security system installation projects, having certain certifications is necessary. Certifications add credibility to a security camera installer’s resume. Some of the certifications companies often seek include:
- CCTV Certification: Certifies the ability to install Closed Circuit Television self-surveillance security cameras.
- Access Control Certification: Certain manufacturers such as Lenel, offer certification in access control systems. These certifications validate a tech’s ability to service and install access control systems.
- CompTIA Network+: With so many modern security camera systems being IP-based, this certification serves as a noteworthy option for network knowledge.
It’s important to note that different certifications may be required depending on the job location and scope of work. Be sure to thoroughly review any work order you consider on Field Nation to understand which certifications companies require.
What does the future look like for security camera installers?
With concerns surrounding public safety increasing, the demand for security cameras is high. In fact, market projections confirm the US market for IP cameras grew 10.9% from 2018 to 2022. This demand is only growing and there is a large need for experienced, on-demand security camera technicians.
What is the average pay rate for security technicians on Field Nation?
Security camera techs and fire alarm installers can bid on projects that align with their values and expectations. In the last XX months, the average pay rate for a security systems installer on Field Nation was $xx per hour. However, despite this average, it’s important to note that hourly rates vary depending on the location and size of the project.
On average, qualified techs using Field Nation get access to more than 9,000 work orders per year for surveillance system projects. Though pay rates may vary based on the scope and location of work, the national average for CCTV / alarm systems technicians using Field Nation is $70.05 per hour. The Field Nation marketplace offers transparency and control by making payment terms visible within a work order for technicians to review before deciding to request or accept work. Start your journey today by signing up for your free account.
Why do security camera technicians prefer contract work?
For many reasons, Field Nation is the go-to labor marketplace for CCTV installers, access control experts, and fire alarm technicians. From having the freedom to set personal work schedules to enjoy a wide variety of projects, contract work provides technicians with control and autonomy over their careers.
Why Field Nation?
In addition to controlling work hours, Field Nation provides technicians with the support they need to get paid for what they love to do. Our mobile app makes it easy for techs to find work, communicate with companies, and complete tasks. We also take care of invoicing and tax paperwork headaches so you can focus on getting work done. Ready to take control of your career? Click here to sign up for your free account on Field Nation today.