Select Techs are technicians on the Field Nation marketplace with platform-verified experience and a track record of superior quality in various types of skilled cabling and security work – helping buyers find qualified talent more quickly and easily.
What types of skilled cabling and security work can Select Techs support?
Techs with the Select Tech designation on their profiles have proven platform experience in at least one of the following types of skilled cabling and/or security work:
- Surveillance & cabling: installing, diagnosing, repairing, and configuring IP and CCTV cameras, and running and terminating cable for IP and CCTV cameras
- Advanced low-voltage cabling: running, terminating, testing, and certifying intra/inter-room cables
- Network equipment installation + cabling: racking and stacking network equipment in addition to running and terminating cable for that equipment
- Wireless equipment installation + cabling: installing wireless access points and routers in addition to running and terminating cable for that equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) installation + cabling: installing Point-of-Sale and self-checkout equipment in addition to running and terminating cable for that equipment
- Cabling site surveys: conducting physical site surveys for low-voltage or fiber cabling
- Structured cabling: installing copper or fiber cabling in standardized structured cabling environments
- Fiber cabling: installing, terminating, troubleshooting, testing, and splicing fiber-optic cable
How does a technician become a Select Tech?
Technicians must meet two key criteria to receive the Select Tech designation on their profile:
- Extensive platform experience in at least one type of skilled cabling and/or security work listed above. Hover over the orange Select Tech designation on the provider’s profile to see which specific skill(s) a tech is qualified in.
- Demonstrated quality, meaning Select Techs aren’t only recognized for their experience – they’re also techs you can count on to perform the work punctually and professionally.
Automated vetting based on platform data ensures all Select Techs continually meet these two requirements to maintain their designation.
Why should I choose a Select Tech for my skilled cabling and/or security work?
Select Techs have been identified based on the technical skills and professionalism we know buyers are looking for. Finding and vetting technicians can take time and resources. The Select Tech designation is intended to help buyers running skilled cabling and/or security work on Field Nation vet techs more quickly and easily – with confidence that Select Techs are capable of completing the work and doing it well.
How can I find a Select Tech?
When you create a new work order, assuming you have a detailed scope of work related to one or more of the skilled cabling and/or security work types listed above, you’ll see an orange tag (or several) populate under your work order title. These tags indicate that your work order “matches” with one of our skilled cabling and/or security work types.
When assigning a work order, you can look for recommended providers with the Select Tech designation on the “Worked with” tab or the “Nearby” tab. Hover over the Select Tech designation to see which cabling and/or security skill(s) the provider has experience in. Premier users can also see a map view of Select Techs on MarketSmart™ Insights.